Monday, May 25, 2009

Update from Florentine Bambara

Dear Annie,

I graduated last Sunday and I got the Diploma in American Studies. You remember I told you that I was in this one year program for international students. Graduation and Ivy Day were very interesting. I didn't know it was very big event like that with alumna marching on Ivy Day...It was so beautiful. I met my friend who studied at Smith 10 years ago and is currently working in my country. She was here for her 10th reunion....

Now, I am waiting for the Master program in Teaching to start at the end of June. Right now, I am in the Smith College graduate house. Fortunately, I got a grant for my summer housing and the summer program. But by September, I have to pay for the graduate house which costs $6350. The stipend I got for the Teaching fellowship is $5955. I need around $400 to complete for the house. At the end, I got a loan for the financial office for the Insurance. I will have to provide for my own food and books...I am sure that God will solve everything for me as he has been doing for many years.

Best regards,



Florentine bambara
Diploma Student, 2009